Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring's Here

Finally, it looks like Spring has really arrived.

How do I know?

Well, a trip to the local Lowe's and the outside is
a sea of plants and flowers. On top of that about
this time of year, I get the urge to get my hands
dirty.

This is the only time of the year when this urge
strikes. Ordinarily I'm happy with a couple of
indoor plants, hanging high so the cats can't eat
them. (Oh Yeh! My cats like indoor plants -- a lot,
especially african violets.) That's a tale for another
time.

But, even in the south, we look forward to spring
and warm weather, before it gets too hot.(grinning)
Never satisfied come to mind.

Anyway, I caved again and bought flowers for outside.
And a pepper plant. I tried tomatoes last year, but
our birds are real fond of tomatoes. Ever watch a
mocking bird demolishing a nearly ripe tomatoe you
grew. It's disheartening. So, this year, one lone
pepper plant. We'll see how it goes, and yes, I did
get my hands dirty. A little bit. At least enough to
satisfy for this year.

As ever,

Allison
www.AllisonKnight.com
Heart-warming Romance with a Sensual Touch

No comments: