Thursday, March 15, 2012

How about that - blogging two days in a row!

I worked on my Contemporary today, yesterday, and
even the day before. I'm getting back in the swing
of things again. Surprising how a lung infection
has a tendency to grab any creative juices and
destroy them. When you can't let your mind flow
'cause you're coughing all over the place, have
a fever and are stuffed with high powered
antibiotics, it useless.

I'm much better now and want to be at the keyboard.

In each story, there's a point where everything
begins to jell. The characters are known,
the plot is moving in the direction you want,
you can see the end and the growth of your characters
is nearly complete. I've reached that point. And, it's
hard to stay away from the computer. Here's hoping
my editor likes it and it will soon see the light
of day.

But there's a serious problem with writing novels.
Before you finish one, another plot, a character,
a beginning, even an ending occurs and you KNOW
you have to start on that story. The temptation to
leave your wip and start the new book is teeth gritting.
I'm holding off. My next 'song' book is mentally
taking shape and I want, really want, to start on it.
However...

Whoever said writing fiction was easy is nuts! Or
the authors are. That's up for debate.

Allison

www.AllisonKnight.com
Heart-warming Romance with a Sensual Touch

No comments: