Friday, July 29, 2005

About Cell Phones

Okay, so this is the twenty-first century and technology rules,
but today I saw everything.

When we go shopping, I can't believe the number of people on
cell phones. Oh, it's convenient if you need to check with someone
on a product, size, color, or whatever, while shopping. A real help.
Keeping in touch with family and friends is great. Today you see
people walking through parking lots talking on the phone, driving
their cars, talking on the phone, shopping and talking on the phone.
In a restaurant it's not uncommon to hear the ringing of a phone - a
cell phone. Even in Doctors' offices where the posting asks you to turn
off your phone, you still hear the jingle of a phone.

But, as I said, today I saw everything.

We went shopping and were driving down a country road. Trotting along
side the blacktop surface was a man on a horse. Not uncommon. There are
lots of horses here in the south. And, they need exercise. What blew me
away was the guy was on a cell phone.

Now, I ask you, isn't that taking technology a bit too far?

No comments: