Thursday, August 11, 2005

Finding "time" to write

Time - what an awesome word.

Every once in a while, things get out of hand, and I find
I don't have time to write.

It's been like that for the last couple of days. Living
has gotten in the way. So, tomorrow, I promised myself
I would sit at the computer and finish a chapter. It's
called bargaining with myself.

I've heard a number of successful authors talk about
finding time to write. It's not easy when life interferes.
The writer must make a conscious effort to find the time. I
promised myself I would write for at least a half hour tomorrow.
The bargaining come into play because I can't do something
I want to do unless I spend a half hour at the computer.
With any luck, it will turn into more time, but with a
scheduled half hour, I can get a lot written. Oh, it will
have to be revised. I don't know too many good story tellers
who don't have to revise, and revise, and revise.

Allison
With "Simon's Brides" coming in May '06

No comments: