Monday, August 22, 2005

I hate cleaning

Okay, so I hate cleaning. Why? You ask.

It's not that I don't like things clean, I do.
In fact I revel in having shiny floors, spotless
counters, a sparkling stove. But, the cleaning
of those items is, to say the least, physically
as well as mentally straining.

Besides, it's dirty work!

Here I am, down on my not-too-good knees, reaching
into places that haven't seen a rag in weeks,
washing out dust, dirt, bugs, and who knows what
else, all for the sake of clean.

Then there's the dusting. Dust flying everywhere,
in spite of the ending dust products on the market.
And, can anyone give me a decent reason for following
a humming machine around the room, and moving that
machine back and forth, back and forth, to get the
dust, dirt, bugs and who knows what else out of the
carpet?

No, cleaning it not for me. What I need is a genie
who would suddenly appear when the house needs a
cleaning, and who would magically remove the dust,
dirt, bugs and who knows what else.

Well, I can dream, can't I???

Allison,
who would much rather be writing!
Watch for "Simon's Brides" coming
in May '06 from Wings-Press.

No comments: