Friday, May 11, 2007

Strange Weather - Or Is It?

Here we are in the middle of May - well almost!

The west coast is on fire, the east coast is
on fire and the northern part of the country
is flooding. Of course, I've seen these kinds
of floods before. I remember when I was a kid
and we drove from Colorado to central Indiana.
The Mississippi flooded that year and we had to
drive around the flooded area. I remember
crossing the bridge between MO and IL and seeing
just the roofs of the houses. The rest of the
houses were under water. But every once in a while
those big rivers flood.

And I remember fires as well. One afternoon, years
ago, my son phoned, telling us that they had been
ordered to evacuate - now. A National forest was
on fire and it was moving close to them. The
firefighters extinguished it before the flames
reached him but these things happen.

I also remember tornados, because as I kid, I lived
in tornado alley. A town not far from us was
completely leveled. I remember how my grandmother
cried, because one of her friends found her
priceless sterling silverware embedded in a tree
miles from their property.

It's not nice, it hurts, and I can only offer
prayers for the people who have lost so much.
I also pray I don't have to go through it, but
it happens.

Now we live in hurricane country. I don't want
to be effected, but if it happens, I hope some
one out there prays for us.

In the meantime, I'll keep writing and stop once
in a while to remember those who have suffered
tragedy. But I also will remember that it's
happened before and it will happen again.

Allison
www.allisonknight.com
'It's all about romance'
Available now from Champagne Books,
"Heal My Hurting Heart"

No comments: