Thursday, August 30, 2007

Promoting what you write

Last week, I came up with an idea to promote
my books, and invited other authors who write
romance to participate.

Why? Because if no one knows who you are or
what you write, they can't buy your books. The
idea is to make people want to read what you
write.

Sounds easy.

HA! I've been writing for over twenty
years, published for nearly that long, and
I'm still trying to find ways to let people know
I've writing the kind of romance they'd like
to read.

How do I know they'd like to read my romances?
Because I write the kind I like to read and
in my discussions with people, they tell me
they like the same books I like. So, I developed
another blog, where I and my fellow romance writers
could interview one of the characters in my/their
books. Give the reader an incite into what makes
that particular character interesting enough so
that he/she had to have a story with them in it.

If this sounds like something you'd like to read,
check out the new blog. It's called, "It's My
Turn To Talk." You'll find it at
www.mycharacters.blogspot.com

Allison
"It's all about Romance"
www.AllisonKnight.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What necessary words... super, remarkable idea