Thursday, April 03, 2014

The Journey

Today is recovery day. The laundry amounted to three loads yesterday (two are done and put away) and one left for today to put away. Then there is a blanket to wash, well, it's in the washing machine now. I have to dry it, fold it and put it away. It still surprises me how much energy a simple thing like pulling clothing out of a washing machine and putting into the drier, then removing it and folding it, takes out of me.

I thought I would run the vacuum over the living room floor a couple of days ago.  I made two swipes and had to sit,. Anyone who says housework is easy is nuts, plain and simple. It really uses a lot of energy, a lot more than I thought. Of course, I never liked to clean, but I did it and well, because I couldn't stand the dirt. Now the shoe is on the other foot. I can't do it, and I have to live with the dirt. I'm gonna have to do something about that.

There are times when this nice big house with an office for me and an office for DH, big living room, dining room, dining alcove in the big kitchen, terrific master suite was wonderful. Now it BIG. and I do mean BIG. Too big for us. But I'm not about to move. If I can't sweep the floor, I sure can't pack boxes. and besides, I like it here. Wonderful neighbors.

Solution. Do something about the dirt.....

Off to make a few calls.

Allison

No comments: