Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Jobs I hate to do

This has absolutely nothing to do with writing,
expect that it eats up time I want to be at the
computer.

Oh, yes, I can plot, plan, develop as I do these
jobs, but if you don't like the job in the first
place... Need I say more.

Okay, on with my list.

First - I hate washing out the waste paper baskets.
Yes, I put plastic bags in the cans, but still,
everyonce in a while, you have to take a scrub brush
and clean the inside - and I hate it.

Next job on the list - is the refrigerator. Wiping down
the shelves isn't too bad, but finding that scrap
of wilted whatever, or that jar of something with
a collection of mold is not pleasant - and I hate
it.

Another lousy job - mopping the kitchen floor. Oh,
I know - if I wiped up my spills, damp mopped on
occasion, I wouldn't have the terrible job of
washing and rinsing, but hey! Who do you know who
does the routine cleaning with other more important
things in mind? I don't.

I could go on, but I'm sure you get the picture. I
don't like housework. I would much rather sit at
the computer and make my characters miserable.

Still the refrigerator awaits. Oh, well, then maybe
I won't have to clean it out for another couple of months.
Wonder what I'll find growing in it this time.

Allison

www.allisonknight.com
'It's all about Romance'
Available now from Champagne Books
"Heal My Hurting Heart"

No comments: