Saturday, October 27, 2007

A Real Honor

Yesterday I got a phone call. It was the library,
the official Library Association of Alabama. I
was asked and the lady obviously had a smile on
her face as she commented that she could tell
that I wasn't from the state. After all, I don't
have a southern accent, no matter how hard I try.

But because we have lived in the state for a long
time, I am considered a local. That means that
I'll be listed with the rest of the Alabama authors.
May not mean a lot to some, but I'm in unbelievable
company. Don't believe it? Goggle Alabama authors.

Also, they will try to get my books in the library.
That means that when someone asks, "Can I get your
book in the library?" I can say yes. And, I can
hope that after they read the book they will want
to buy.

So, today I'm a happy camper!

Of course, now that I'm recognized as an Alabama Author,
I have a problem on my hands. In this state football
is king. And we have two super teams. So, who do
I support?

Allison

www.AllisonKnight.com
www.AboutRomance.bebo.com
"Heal My Hurting Heart" available
now, Coming in August, "Heartsong"
both from Champagne Books

1 comment:

Toni Lea Andrews said...

I love library signings --- sooo much more fun than bookstores!