Saturday, August 20, 2011

Ideas, ideas, ideas

It fascinates me and probably always will, but ideas for stories
come from the most interesting places. A trip to the grocery,
a comment from a doctor, an article in a magazine.

I've started another book, this one a contemporary, about a
woman who is hurt and suffers a brain injury. I never heard
of Post-Traumatic Amnesia, but a comment by a doctor started
the ball rolling on this one.

After I finish the edits to Windsong, I'll go back to my poor
woman, who can't remember incidents that happened two years
before the accident. Hummmmm I wonder when or if she'll ever
remember. I'll just have to wait and see. That's part of the
fun of writing. You have a general idea, and it grows and grows
until your have the plot, or at least a partial plot. Then, as
the story developes, your characters will help the plot along.
Can you tell I love what I do?

Allison
www.AllisonKnight.com
Watch for Windsong, the third 'song' book
Coming in November from Champagne Books.

No comments: