Monday, October 10, 2011

Networking!

Saturday was Arts Festival day. Along with the Arts, a local
bookstore included a Book Festival. I got to meet and greet
some readers, talk to people (which I love to do) and visit
with friends.

But, the most important part of anything like this is getting
to meet and talk to people. It's called networking. No author,
no matter how brilliant, can know as much as possible. Some of
us are always anxious to meet people who know a great deal more
about something than we do. I got to meet several people
Saturday who fall into that class.

And believe me, as I discover a need for the kind of information
they can offer, I'll ask for help. I'm not shy about saying loudly,
I don't know anything about that. I guess I'm from the old
school. I learned a long time ago, you can't bluff your way
through something if your knowledge is limited. It's always
best to say, "I don't know anything about that!"

Thanks everyone, who offered to give much needed advise as I
continue to write the historical tales of romance I love to
read.

Allison
Heart-warming Romance with a Senual Touch
www.AllisonKnight.com
WINDSONG coming in November from
Champagne Books

No comments: