Sunday, December 30, 2012

Yikes! It's all I can say!

I'm sitting with my family on Christmas Day. We've just finished a big
ham dinner with all the trimmings, none of which I cooked. They are
all watching our traditional Christmas movie, Galaxy Quest.
(Silly, I know, but it's the tradition).

My two granddaughters are sitting on the floor playing with my new
great grandson. Since I'd seen the movie maybe ten times, I was on
my computer, reading emails. All of a sudden, here was a message
that made me yell out loud.

They all looked at me like what's wrong now. After all, this has not
been the best of health years. But all I could do was look at the
computer and chant, I've been nominated, I've been nominated.

There are several awards which I consider outstanding.
Recognition from my Publisher comes to mind. That's happened
to me twice now. Both times I was shocked and more than pleased.
It meant my publisher considered me a company asset.

Another award, which I never expected, was to be nominated for
the CAPA Award. You don't enter these awards, you can't pay to
enter, these are done on merit. So, I'm up for the best historical
romance of 2012 along with fifteen other excellent authors, some
I read every chance I get. To be in such company is a thrill.
Valentine's day, they will announce the winner. Whoever is
chosen I wish them well. Just to be nominated is good enough for
me!

Allison
www.AllisonKnight.com
Heart-warming Romance with a Sensual Touch

No comments: