Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday's Helpful Hints - a wrap up

Today I intend to summarize the last several weeks, so this should be short and simple. I can hear some of you saying, "Oh, yeh! The other blogs were supposed to be short."

No, this will be short.

My best advice is always take what you hear and apply it to you, to the house your are trying to sell to, to the genre you write. Don't take my word for gospel. It may not fit your situation.

There are hundreds, maybe thousands, of sites on the Internet that detail any of the subjects I've covered here, so with a little searching through "Google" or "Bing" you can read many other opinions about what to do and how to do it. I've tried to approach these blogs with what I've learned over the years. However, remember, my genre, my own style, the houses I write for, and the more I learned have always determined what I'm doing and how I do it. So, do your research.

It's your career, they are your books, not someone else's work. What works for you might not work for another author. It's determine by your time, money, personality and talent.

So happy writing and researching.

Now I have to decide what I'll blog about for the next month or two.

See Ya!

Allison Knight
www.AllisonKnight.com
Heart-warming Romance with a Sensual Touch
"Betrayed Bride" available from www.ChampagneBooks.com
"Lynbrook's Lady" coming in August from www.ChampagneBooks.com

1 comment:

Rose Anderson said...

I've enjoyed them all Allison. Thanks.

Rose