Friday, January 17, 2014

The Journey

Wow! The one job that is almost impossible is changing the sheets on the bed. We have a king size mattress. It's new and one of the kids got it for us. Top if the line. Heavier than ...  Trying to pick up a end to tuck the sheet under is getting harder and harder to do. I finally broke down and ordered what is called a mattress lifter. Hoping this thing will work, or we are either going to have to sleep on dirty sheets, or stop tucking in the sheets.

We got the bottom sheet on this morning, and now we have to tuck the top sheet in and I'm already pooped for the day. Thank goodness lunch will be simple. Of course, with the sheets being changed I'm washing so today I plan to do nothing else. I'll set at the computer and write. Can't do anything else.

Thank goodness no band today, and surprisingly, no pain. I'm blessed if an occasionally elastic internal band and exhaustion is all I'm suffering. Dad and Mother both had a lot of pain, so I'm surprised I'm not following suit. I expected it. No, I'm not complaining, I'm just surprised. And thankful. Just sitting I can do a lot. Fold clothes, write books, read, take care of bills, shop on line. Lots of things. Note the shop of line...  The internet came along at just the right time for me. 

Allison

No comments: