Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Journey

Well, today started out okay, or so I thought. By the time I got to the kitchen to get water to take my morning pills, I was panting like a steam engine. I had to stop and rest. I tried to do a bit more, and it was worse. I wondered what on earth was wrong. I pulled out my little tester ( an oximeter) to see where my O2 level was. Oh, boy, in the low 80's and going down fast. High 90's is where it should be.

Then I looked at the oxygenator and released I hadn't turned it on. Here I am waltzing around the kitchen, doing morning things and all without my O2.  This is what is called stupid, in capital letters. I don't know where my mind was, but today, it obviously is not attached to my body.

Now with the O2 on, and sitting for the better part of an hour, I'm back to normal. I'm going to have to be more careful. With my lung condition, I need the O2. I better get it into my head. Without the oxygen I can't function. And yes, my hospice nurse says it part of my condition. Stupid things like this morning, don't do me any good, so I need a head, brain, mind or something transplant. (grinning) Oh, let's just chalk it up to old age.  Seems to me, I'm sure blaming a lot on old age lately.  (laughing out loud) 

Well....

Off to take the clothes out of the drier and then a day spent at the computer and, yes, with O2 attached.

Allison

No comments: