Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Journey

Interesting day yesterday. My pulse was doing all kinds of strange things. We don't know why yet, but of course, I think - heart. But they fixed that, or said they did. Because, that's not why I'm on hospice. My nurse called the heart doctor and of course, EKG now! So with DH's surgery today,
I bulked. But I lost. However, the EKG showed nothing.

Told DH that meant I was just fine to do the driving for the next couple of days. As I said yesterday, my driving makes him nervous. Too bad. I'm driving.  (Grinning). We'll worry about the crazy pulse in a week or two. My heart doctor didn't want me changing a thing - yet. But he will see me again the end of the month.  If it's not one thing it's another.

But DH is now at the surgeon's getting his eye fixed.  Me, I'm a nervous wreck. Hmmmmm  wonder if the pulse could be my reaction to his surgery. He doesn't want to know anything about it, and of course, I had to find out everything.

Oldest son is here with his father and I get to stay home, hang by the phone and try to forget about all the things that can go wrong. That's the trouble with a little knowledge and a big imagination.

Maybe if I work on the book I can think about something else.  Okay, back to the book.

Allison

No comments: