Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Journey

Sunday, and it's a day of rest. It's also cold, or it's just me, but I can't get warm. Could be a part of all of this. I'll have to ask my nurse. I'm surprised she hasn't bulked at all the questions, but I'm the kind of person who wants to know the in's and out's of anything I run across. I'm terrible when it comes to research.

I start out looking for one thing, which leads to another, to another, to another. You get the picture. Oh, well, at least I know what I put on paper is the real thing.

I'm going to try and write today. I threw away chapter two of the new book. I didn't like it. It was stiff, boring... So I started over again. I like this beginning of chapter two must better. So, writing to be done. You'll notice, I'm not saying anything about the taxes. I did promise I would get to them but the end of the week, before I realized, I'm missing some reports. I'll have to wait.  What a shame (grinning)!

In the meantime, there are bills to be paid, a chapter to be written, some much needed correspondence to catch up on. So there is plenty to do, and I did promise myself, I wouldn't push too hard. Instead of writing a list of ten goals for the day, I'm only doing four or five, then trying to tell myself it's okay that I didn't get as much done as I wanted. That's the only part of this that is troubling. I want to accomplish more than I can do, and pushing myself assures a bad day for a couple of days after. No pushing.  Ha! Easier said than done, especially when you are an Alpha personality.

Back to the office and chapter two.

Allison

No comments: