Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Journey

I feel pretty good today. In fact I've felt pretty good all week, despite the ice and snow. Today things are getting back to normal as far as weather is concerned, which is good, because we need to get out. House bound for days is not good for anyone. Even though I can't go any long distance, just leaving the house and riding around in the car is refreshing. A definite must for people suffering from long term illness.

Of course, I did write yesterday, and I got several important things accomplished so that might also account for the good feeling. Then too, I have gotten a little more realistic on what I can get done in one day. Cooking is still the hardest, but I'm learning to pace myself with that as well. So I think you can see why I'm feeling good.

Now, if I could breath. No just kidding. I can breath, but if I walk around and do anything at all, although walking will do it every time, I need the O2. Then I have to do my breathing exercises. Lucky I had a nurse show me how and then I read about the technique in a booklet put out by BCBS. It helped even more. So a bit of a rest, a couple of deep breathing exercises and I'm good to go again.

Now, back to getting one or two list items accomplished today. (Yes, the taxes are staring me in the face and I'll get to them. Yes, I will, Okay, maybe today, Nah! tomorrow will be good enough.  (grinning))

Go ahead and say it. Don't put off today...... Blah, blah, blah!

Allison

No comments: