Friday, March 21, 2014

The Journey

Can I complain about the weather?  We have a low pressure system moving in. I can tell. Getting harder to breath.  Darn it! I was doing good. Now another raining weekend and that means I don't get much done, 'cause I can't do much. Takes too much wind. In fact, I won't be able to talk much either. Good thing my fingers work. 

I'm starting in on the next WIP. Well, I've already started it, I'm just going back to it. I'll need it to keep my thoughts together. My hospice nurse is going back to school, which is wonderful for her, but she'll have to go part time with her hospice duties, so some of her patients will go to other hospice nurses. This saddens me - bunches. She is terrific, so sweet and we have so much in common when it comes to food likes and dislikes. We both shop at the same store and share experiences, bargain ideas and new products. Oh, I want to cry, well no, that's childish. I encouraged her to go to school. She'll make a wonderful PA. But life is like that. You win some, or lose some. I'll know in a week or two if I get to stay with her or am assigned to another nurse.

In the meantime, I have to get the laundry finished before breathing is a 'sit down and don't much else' for the next couple of days. Can I complain - again?

Back to the big computer and the next book, until the last round of edits arrive. That should be the end of the edits. Then the copy edits, formatting and out for sale.  I can hardy wait. The cover should be coming any day now. One nice thing about an small indie publisher - I have some input on the cover. Of course, I can't draw a straight line, let alone come up with a cover idea, so it's always a surprise.  And I like surprises!

Allison

No comments: