I had a lengthy discussion with my hospice nurse this am. She understands my confusion. Doctors I trust, with whom I've worked tell me one thing and a new doctor wants to tell me something else. We compromised.
I'll keep the appointment with the radiologist and the other doctor they want me to see, but my first questions will have to do with the COPD in the left lung. A rotten lung can be replaced now for some people, but I don't fit the criteria. I've had two heart bypasses and have a lung disease which may have resulted from a childhood bacteria. Two strikes. The third is they can't put me on a machine to do a replacement even if I were a candidate. So replacement is out. COPD is not curable. Not unless there is some magic out there that's just been found.
I know I can't get better. I'm okay with that. In fact I'm managing. But if the one doesn't get me the other one will, so I have to put my faith in the Almighty and let Him decide when He wants me. I'll see the doctors and talk to them. There may be a magic pill I don't know about. After all, I don't know everything, but what I do know can kinda tell you which way I'm leaning.
The appointments are not for two more weeks. I should be able to have all the edits done by then and back to the new book. Crossing fingers and forgetting about doctors for awhile.