Wednesday, March 05, 2014

The Journey

Talked at some length today with my hospice nurse. After I explained what I had learned in my research, she admitted she was surprised at how fast the other doctor wanted to act. As I went over the details of all that I'd learned not only about radiation but also about COPD, she agreed with most of what I had found.

I also told her I could find very little information about what happens during Stage four of COPD. Oh, there is a tremendous amount of information for those people who have just been diagnosed with the disease, but very little about the final days of someone with one of those part of it. She told me what I wanted to know. Of course, no one knows what kind of time is involved. I could be around for weeks, months, a year or two. Not likely, but it's possible.

I don't get to make that decision. I have to smile as I think of all the people flocking to the movies to see "Son of God". I guess a lot of people are searching for answers. Funny, I have mine, have had for a long time now. I remember something my mother told me years ago. She said she joined the Church because it seemed to have to best road to heaven. My mother was a wise woman. That's why this blog is called the journey. I'm on the road to heaven, taking the final trip of my life. And I'm going to enjoy every last minute of it.

Allison

No comments: