Thursday, March 06, 2014

The Journey

Big day to edit. One of my granddaughters and her intended (yeh, an old-fashioned word) arrive tomorrow for a visit. She has been in the army for the last eight years. She's just been discharged and I think they are planning to be married soon. I'll get all the details tomorrow, or Saturday. They'll only be here for three days and since they are way out west, Washington state, I probably wouldn't get to see them again, so I'm looking forward to it, even though they are going to have to do most of the cooking. I just do have the 'wind' to fix a big meal for people any more.

Grandkids are great. This one is an artist. I hope she continues to learn, because (and I don't know much about art) I think she's good.  My father was quite an artist. He sang and oh, could he draw. My love of music is from him. And I do love music, the classical kind. He was quite a fan of Mozart, as am I. It's one of the reasons I named my Welsh historical romances the song series. Welsh people, at least quite a few of them, seem to have an ability to sing. The characters in the song series who are Welsh share that talent.

So, on with the book. Shame the character in the last book does not sing. But he has charm, this rogue I'm writing.

Back to the book.

Allison

No comments: