Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Journey

Beautiful sunny day. Cold though. So high pressure has settled in and the breathing is a tiny bit better. Not as much as I'd hope. I had a list of things I wanted to get done today, so I may have to cut the list down a bit. I did do a bit too much yesterday. I still have not found my limits. 

I'm also noticing some pains now, on a regular basis. They don't last long, and are certainly bearable, but the hospice people insist I take a pain pill when the pain starts. They don't want me to be "uncomfortable". Dragging fifty feet of green tubing around behind you, so you can breath is being comfortable? Who are they kidding? A little pain once in a while doesn't compare with trying to do something attached to a long tube that gets hung up on a dozen things.

I have the greatest sympathy for the astronauts who are floating around in space trying to fix the space shuttle, or their living quarters. They are connect to tubing too. Fortunately for me, I don't have to wear a gigantic suit, a helmet, or those gloves. Ever try to work in gloves? I don't even like to garden with gloves on, and cleaning - forget it. Hands do a fine job, thank you very much. And these hands had better get busy. Morning are my good times. So, if I'm going to get some of that list accomplished, I'd better get going.

Allison

No comments: