Monday, April 21, 2014

The Journey

I hope everyone had a great Easter. We had a small steak, and it was a bit to thin to cook it properly so it was less rare than I'd hoped, but the baked potato and the salad was great. No way could I have cooked a ham, or a prime rib which is what we usually have. Nah! those days are done forever, unless I can talk a kid into coming to do the task.  (grinning)

One of the things I've noticed - I can't eat as much as I used to. Oh, I still have an appetite, which is good, but the amount of food needed to satisfy is definitely smaller. Of course, I'm not doing any exercising to speak of, so I don't need as much fuel. And my weight is still the same which is great. It's called standing in one position, not moving in one direction or another. So, we count that as good news as well.

I still haven't figured out how much I can do before I've done too much. I'm beginning to think I just might not ever get those calculations correct. I set goals, and then I don't met them, or in a couple of cases, I exceed them. I like the later a lot more than the former!

Today, I have a drawer I've been dumping stuff into for years (yah! years, not months.) I'm going to get it cleaned out today. Today's goal. Should be easy to meet, maybe even exceed. (Yes, I do like the goals I can exceed.....)

It's a shame today is a rough day. Breathing is difficult and my joints hurt. Must be changing weather. But they promised me a week of sunshine. I'm gonna be grossed out if we have another low pressure system moving in.

Now off to clean that drawer. Wonder what I'll find?

Allison

No comments: