Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Journey

Today was a cook breakfast together day. It went well. I wasn't very hungry. I was really tired by the time we got the scrambled eggs and sausage ready, but I felt we both needed a better meal today then some of the stuff we've been throwing together. People don't realize how important certain food stuffs are.

I do have DH back on cereal and milk in the am. His Calcium (Ca) level has got to be low. and I know he's not getting the B vitamins he needs. Those are the feel good vitamins. or what we used to call them. They all have some kind of an affect on how you feel, so they are extremely important. Those are your breads, cereals, beans, some meats. Or at least that's what I remember. It's been a long time since I studied that stuff. (grinning) besides today we have google. Check out the B vitamins. There are all kinds of nutritional lists available.

I still am moving slowly, oh, so slowly, but then most antibiotics don't to a thing in pill form until you are into your third day, or in some cases, your fourth day. I don't expect to see much change until late Friday, or even Saturday. By then, if I'm still moving slowly and tiring in seconds, (not minutes) they intend to bring the xray machine to the house, (Oh I love that - modern technology) and take some pics to see what's going on. I just don't want to have to go through another bronc, short for bronchoscopy. I've had eight of 'them' suckers and I don't want another one. It usually means IV meds for a week to ten days. So I have to mix this stuff and attach the IV tube to the port and then sit and do nothing until the meds are done.  Would you believe an hour and a half to two hours. Not something I like to do. Of course, now moving as slowly as I am, it probably wouldn't matter. Except I'll feel much better in a couple of days and then be chomping at the bit to move. (grinning) It's a can't win scenario.

Maybe I should leave it in the hands of the experts? I can here DH saying, "playing doctor again?"

And I did say I wouldn't do that again, somewhere along the line......

Into my office to see what I should have been doing for the last four or five or ten days.

Allison

No comments: