Thursday, May 01, 2014

The Journey

Ugh! Still moving slowly so the antibiotics aren't working that well yet. Of course, it usually takes three days, so I'm pushing it. I've only taken the antibiotics for two and a half days. I really need the whole three days, maybe four. It takes time for this stuff to get into the blood stream, unfortunately. So, I'm giving myself another day and a half before I declare it worked - or it didn't.

In the meantime, our oldest son is coming next week and I have to put my list of things I want him to do when he gets here. The one thing he has to do is trim my rose bush that finally bloomed. It only blooms once and needs to be trimmed after it blooms. My DH will also have a list for him. The TV is misbehaving, probably because of the storms we had Monday and Tuesday.

We're close to the cities that took such hits with the rain. There are pics on the Facebook that show the damage. It's going to take a lot of time, effort, and money to fix the mess we have here. So my problems are minor compared to some of the problems the citizens here are facing. If you've ever tried to dry a piece of paper, or a photo, you know have hard it is. Add mud, and slim, and it gets a whole lot worse. And that's what an awful lot of people are doing over the Gulf Area that flooded.
A few prayers of those poor people would be appreciated, even if they don't know you are praying for them.

Allison

No comments: