Wednesday, April 09, 2014

The Journey

Another, we better take it easy day. I'll be glad when the weather settles down and we have a string of hot, dry days, with a huge high pressure system hanging overhead. I'm also sure I'm not the only one. My hospice nurse says anyone on O2 has a hard time when it's so damp and rainy.

You know, there are some days when you want to put your foot through the computer. What seems so simple is simple, but not the way you figured simple! Okay, so I'm not making sense. Let me explain. I have been trying for the past two weeks to make a shortcut and put the thing on my desk top. I did what I read, did what my DH told me to do and the shortcut got made, over and over and over again, but not once did it go to the desktop.

Son, geek, is here and I complained to him. He took a look and said, "Mom, you have to send it to the desktop." But they didn't tell my how to send it to the desk top in the how-to. Here I am dragging the thing to the desk top and screaming when it wasn't there. Then he showed me the link to put it on the desk top and I wanted to put my foot through the computer monitor. Talk about stupidity! Yah, me!

Lesson learned. Now I can make shortcuts and put them on the desk top. So what else to I want on the desk top? I'll have to think about that for a bit.

And last night was a wonderful night! As a published author, being recognized is critical. Awards are a big deal, especially to the author. It means what you do is worth something. Last night, I was shocked because my Publisher awarded me with the "Publisher's Award of Excellence". Words can't express who I felt when she went on to explain why I was chosen.

As a romantic I do cry easily, and yeh! I'm sitting at my computer, and the tears are running down my face. She said such nice things. I hated to tell her she wasn't telling the truth. I'm not nearly as nice as she said. But it was a wonderful thrill and means a great deal, even if the reasons were a bit stretched.

So, today, I'm signing off as

Allison Knight, Recipient of CBG's "Publisher's Award of Excellence"

No comments: