Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Journey

Hip hurts! Enough said!

Another lesson learned. You can take a job, and divide it into sections, then do part a, then part b, then part c. Okay, so it doesn't get done all in one day, but it does get done. Point taken. My Refrig. I don't remember when I pulled everything out and washed the sucker down completely. So, I decided to start at the bottom and divide it into sections. Each drawer is a section, each shelf is a section, each shelf in the drawer is a section.

Oh, I've cleaned out the food that needed to be tossed so that it got into the garbage each week, and a frequently gave the shelf or drawer a swipe, but not the clean it out and scrub it clean type of cleaning I've always done. But now, section at a time I'm getting it done and it's a good feeling.

Okay, so I can't do a whole lot at one time, but I can do a little bit, rest a while and do a bit more.  See! I'm learning. That feels good too!  Now if I could figure out how to make that da..... hip stop hurting. At times it feels like what I imagine steel on bone would feel like. Others, how I can imagine what a sharp knife twisting around in the hip might feel like. The meds don't help much. Gotta talk to that poor hospice nurse. She's gonna get tired of my questions and complaints.  (sigh) Maybe heat. Haven't tried that yet. Off to find the heating pad.

Allison

No comments: