Friday, June 06, 2014

The Journey

I'm going to have to go to my dictionary and starting looking for works the describe rough, tough, etc, I have a feeling I'm going to need them.

Last night was rough. Breathing was hard and very breath felt like a good kick in the back. All in one spot too. If you've ever had pleurisy you have a pretty good idea what it was like. And this is wonderful part of having hospice care (a good one) I called this morning and explained what it felt like and ask what I should do. After my nurse went through current med routine she called the doctor. I then got three more phone calls. Med routine has now been changed  and I have orders to call if I have trouble tonight.

Unfortunately, the meds I need won't be available until the first of the week but with the routine med change right bow things should work better. The weather is getting very warm and that probably has an effect as well. (But warm is better than freezing - believe me, I know.)

And the orders for today - you are gonna love this.  DO NOTHING! I get to sit in my chair, take my pills, listen to music and read. That's it. No cooking, no laundry, no shopping, no cleaning (which I don't do anyway) and take it easy. Just rest. This to a bookaholic. HE. He. He. He.  

So I am now going to grab my kindle, and read. Doing nothing.  (grinning from ear to ear) I wonder if DH thinks I invented this so I could sit and do nothing.  Well, I certainly don't want to give him that idea.

Now where is that kindle?

Allison

No comments: